Nate Miyaki is “The People’s Physique Champ”, and that’s all you really need to know about him. Hahaha, just kidding. More accurately, Nate is sort of just a fitness vagabond — he does a little bit of everything in the fitness and physique game.
Personally, Nate’s journey started in traditional sports (football, track & field). He later became a student in the martial arts (capoeira), gymnastics, and stunts. This led to a time training and touring as a professional wrestler. Nate eventually traded in his wrestling tights for a dong thong (unfortunately extra small), and competed in several natural bodybuilding events.
A 4-time Amazon #1 Best-Selling Author, Nate’s work has appeared in Men’s Fitness, Men’s Health, Muscle & Fitness, LIVESTRONG, Bodybuilding.com, and T-Nation. He was named one of The 100 Most Influential People in Health and Fitness, and one of Top 50 Hottest Trainers in America. Nate has been a speaker at fitness conferences including Paleo f(x) and Body 2.0 and corporate wellness programs at Zynga, Wix.com, the Stanford Graduate School of Business, and Hanson Bridgett LLP.
Since a lot of the above strokes the ego but doesn’t always pay the bills, Nate’s bread and butter business (or more accurately meat and rice factory) has been running a private training and nutrition consulting practice in San Francisco for close to 20 years. Throughout that time he has worked with a wide variety of clientele ranging from professional athletes, models, and physique competitors to busy professionals looking to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their programs.
- BA, University of California, Berkeley
- Post-baccalaureate studies in Kinesiology, San Francisco State University.
- Certified Personal Trainer, American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Certified Specialist in Sports Nutrition, International Sports Science Association (ISSA)
- Certified Specialist in Fitness Nutrition, International Sports Science Association (ISSA)
- Functional Training & Corrective Exercise Specialty Certification (ACE)
- The Janda System of Evaluation and Treatment of Muscle Imbalance Certification
- Science and Development of Muscle Hypertrophy Certification (DSW Fitness/Human Kinetics)
- Un-Certified Specialist in immature humor (my many clients over the years & my mirror)
- 2017 INBA Battle Against Cancer – 2nd Place, Men’s Physique Open and Junior Masters divisions
- 2009 Musclemania World Natural Bodybuilding Championships — 1st place, Bantamweight division
- 2004 NPC Max Muscle Natural Bodybuilding Championships — 1st place, Lightweight division
- Muscle & Fitness: Nate Miyaki’s Body Shredding Advice, Nate Miyaki’s The Half Day Diet
- Men’s Health: Go Longer, Go Harder! The secrets of men who achieve their max
- Men’s Fitness: The No-Cardio Workout Feature
- LIVESTRONG: 4 Reasons to Eat More Calories and Carbs at Night
- BODYBUILDING.COM: Miyaki’s 14-Week 1st Place Musclemania America Contest Prep
- Renegade Radio Podcast: Intermittent Feasting, Paleo, Pre Workout Nutrition, Meal Timing, and Protein Intake
- The Paleo Solution Podcast: Talking with Robb Wolf about Paleo & Performance Nutrition
- Gold Medal Bodies: How to Diet Without Killing Yourself
- T-Nation Interview: Warrior Fitness
- Sean Hyson Fitness Distilled Interview: Nate on Nutrition